There are some organs such as small and large intestines, and the urinary bladder which are present inside abdominal cavity and surrounded by abdominal muscles. In case, abdominal wall muscles are weak; these abdominal organs can protrude and form a swelling which is known as a hernia. Best treatment for hernia in Chandigarh is available at affordable cost.
Causes of a hernia-
The combination of muscle weakness and strain is the main cause of hernia. It can develop quickly or over a long period of time, depending on the cause.
Following are the common causes of muscle weakness-
- Any damage from injury or surgery
- Failure of abdominal wall to close properly in the womb
- Chronic coughing
Following are the factors which strain your body, if your muscles are weak and may cause a hernia,
- Lifting heavyweight
- Fluid in the abdomen
- Pressure on your abdomen, when you are pregnant
- Sudden weight gain
- Being constipated, which causes you to strain when having a bowel movement
- Surgery in the area
Symptoms of hernia-
A hernia may cause discomfort and pain. The symptoms often become worse when standing, straining, or lifting heavy objects. In some cases, a hernia needs immediate surgery.
If an inguinal hernia produces following acute abdominal complaints, then do not wait to call your doctor.
- The bulge cannot be pushed back into abdomen
On the other hand, a hiatal hernia can produce symptoms such as acid reflux, chest pain and difficulty swallowing.
Treatment of Hernia-
The surgical options for hernia depend on its location. There are two main types of surgical options for hernia:
- Open surgery
- Laparoscopic operation (keyhole surgery)
Hernia is repaired with laparoscopic operation in the same way as in open surgery.
- It is guided by a tiny camera and a light introduced through a tube.
- Surgical instruments are inserted through another small incision.
- The abdomen is inflated with gas to help surgeon to see internal organs clearly.
- The whole operation is performed under general anesthetic.
Open surgery requires a longer recovery process and you may be unable to move around for up to one month. Laparoscopic surgery has following advantages over open surgery.
- It uses only a few
- It is less damaging to surrounding tissue.
- It has a much shorter recovery time.
Global health care clinic is known to offer the best treatment for hernia in Chandigarh. You can go there to get the treatment at affordable cost. If you are also suffering from this problem, then do not ignore. Get the treatment right now to avoid any complications in future.