Video Assisted Anal Fistula Treatment, also known as VAAFT is the most advanced treatment for Fistula-in-ano. Anal fistula or fistula in ano is an abnormal hollow tract that can develop between the end of bowel and skin near the anus. It may be painful and can cause bleeding and discharge while passing stools. If you are also suffering from the same problem and are looking for best video assisted anal fistula treatment VAAFT fistula in ano, then we are here to help you find the best clinic.
What are the common symptoms of anal fistula?
- Constant or throbbing pain that becomes worse while sitting down
- Irritation in the skin around anus
- Swelling, redness, and tenderness in the affected area
- Discharge of pus or blood
- Constipation or pain associated with bowel movements
- Infection may worsen and can lead to fever.
What happens if anal fistula left untreated?
If the anal fistula is left untreated, then it can cause some serious complications. So, it is better to get the treatment as early as possible.
- Fistula in ano when left ignored then it will keep making tunnels branching below the skin or in rectum leading to multiple communications.
- You may experience stool and gas passing through fistula opening.
What are the advantages of VAAFT?
V.A.A.F.T is a minimally invasive treatment in which the pain caused after the wearing off of anaesthesia is very mild or negligible. You can get video assisted anal fistula treatment VAAFT fistula in ano, at affordable cost at Global health care clinic, located at Chandigarh.
Other advantages of VAAFT are explained below-
- It is a day care procedure in which patient will be discharged on the same day of surgery after wearing off of anaesthesia.
- Due to lack of incisions, wounds or scar formation, complete and quick healing of the wound will take place within a few days. The patient can get back to his daily routine in a short period of time.
- No damage is caused to muscles present around the anus that are responsible for controlling bowel movements as it is a camera guided and very precise procedure. Due to this, bowel incontinence and leakage are highly unlikely.
- Since this procedure is being done under direct visualization of the canal, complete removal of fistula is possible and with the result, the incidence of recurrence is very rare.