Gallbladder removal is one of the most normally performed surgery. Laparoscopic gallbladder removal is commonly known as Laparoscopic Cholecystectomy. The gallbladder is a minor organ situated near the liver. It supplies bile that helps in digestion. If it does not work correctly, then small stones start to form. These are called gallstones. They do not remove automatically inside our body. Around 80% people with gallstones need a surgery. Any surgery sounds like a pain. But with the laparoscopic gallbladder surgery, the patients suffer less pain. Laparoscopy surgery is the most advanced type of surgery in the surgical world. With an innovative technology, a surgery is made simpler through this method. It requires a minimum duration of stay in the hospital, lesser pain, and scars. You can get back to your regular routine in a very less time as equated to a general surgery.
A surgery requires a lot of groundwork to make it an accomplishment. You have to make yourself, physically and emotionally both in order to start this journey. Let us look at some common happening prior to the surgery. Even though each surgeon and patient are unique, some common realities remain the same.
- First with medical assessment, blood tests, and ECG depending on your age and medical condition.
- Your surgeon will inspect you on the basis of the above in order to understand the aids and risks involved in the operation.
- Once the Surgeon completely assured, Patient needs to sign a written consent for the surgery.
- Do not shave your abdomen before the surgery.
- Once you are prepared for the surgery, you will be hospitalized.
- Your surgeon will recommend you take the bath the previous night or in the morning of the operation using an antibiotic soap.
- The night before the operation, you should stop eating or drinking.
- Only take the medicines prescribed by the surgeon on the morning of the surgery.
- After a successful operation, you can get discharged within 24 hours and return to work within 72 hours.
- Some drugs including blood thinners, Vitamin E and anti-inflammatory medicines, may need to be stopped temporarily as per the surgeon’s guidance.
By following your Doctor’s guidelines, you can assuredly make a good comeback after the surgery very soon.
Best Doctors in Chandigarh for gallbladder stone removal by Laparoscopic Surgery.
Dr. Sanjeev Bhatia Laparoscopic & G.I Surgeon M.B.B.S, M.S.(Surgery), FMAS, FAIS, MIMSA, Specialization in Diabetic Foot Surgery. He has more than 10 Year Experience in General Surgery and Laparoscopy Surgery.