It is a new-age minimally invasive and sphincter-saving procedure for the treatment of complex fistulas. VAAFT is a sphincter-saving procedure having extremely small surgical wounds.
This procedure involves following key steps:
- Completely performed under direct endoluminal vision using the fistuloscope for the visualization of the fistula tract.
- Diagnostic fistuloscopy is performed under irrigation followed by an operative phase of fulguration of the fistula tract.
- Correction of the localization of the internal fistula opening, endoscopic treatment of the fistula and closure of the internal opening using a stapler or with suture is done.
- Non-Invasive procedure ensures little pain, quick recovery time.
- Very Low risk of incontinence.
- Procedure can be repeated again in case of failure.
- Excellent minimally invasive procedure for complex and deep seated abscesses or fistulas such as Crohn’s Fistulas.
- It can be combined with any other technique like Seton and standard open surgical Method.